Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sunday Stamping: Crazy Neons

It is not often that I reach for a neon shade when creating a manicure. Today I picked three of them thanks to another challenge in Adventures in Stamping. The Sunday Stamping manicure theme this week is crazy neons. My initial idea for the manicure was very different than the results, but as soon as I created the gradient it insisted on being citrus fruit and who was I to argue...


I started out with a base of Color Club Get Your Lem-On and then sponged a gradient from base to tips using Color Club shades Get Your Lem-On, Wham! Pow! and Warhol. Using the citrus fruit pattern from Bundle Monster plate BM-308, I stamped with Essence Stamp Me! White stampy polish.




Only way to see the true nature of neons is to watch them glow under a black light... unfortunately it is also great for seeing just how truly horrible I was at cleaning up this manicure. My only excuse is that the clean-up was not done under the said black light...



Here is a quick look at the gradient before I stamped it...






The Color Club polishes (under black light) from left to right: Get Your Lem-on, Wham! Pow!, Warhol.
What I find fascinating is that Get Your Lem-on which is a bright highlighter yellow with a green shimmer under regular light glows green under black light...



I would like to give a big thank you to Elena from Polish Madness for nominating me for the Liebster blog award. Purely out of laziness and because I have done similar awards in the past, I will skip the questions. If you are curious to learn more about me peek here at my previous answers and visit Elena's blog Polish Madness for beautiful swatches and nail art...


Elena also happens to be a fellow member of Adventures in Stamping, so don't miss her take on the crazy neon challenge...



Thanks for looking and commenting!
Anutka :)

12 comments:

  1. Love this mani
    It's so cute I'll think I must have this plate and I already have it sometimes you must see it before you get it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I forgot this Sunday Stamping challenge and just painted my nails differenly. I love the citrus plate and have been trying to come up with a good way to use it. Your gradient looks wonderful with the citrus stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love fruity manicures and this one is amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty!!! Awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can a manicure actually look refreshing? cuz it does!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Makes me feel like its July already :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much!
    Моего английского не хватит)) Анна спасибо за пост - ответ, так приятно оказаться на страницах одно из моих любимых блогов))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the gradient! I could do something like that on my toes this summer! That would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much everyone! The gradient is so much fun and it will be just perfect for summer! I'm so glad you like it :)

    @Elena, eto tebe spasibo za takie komplementi i za award! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. AMAZING! I could probably pin all your nail art! But I am seriously in love with this citrus one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice gradient! Beautiful stamping! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @JQ, thank you so much! You are such a sweetheart. I'm so glad you like it and feel free to pin :D

    @Tatjana, thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...